The reward rate of Yes Prosperity Edge Credit Card is very similar to Yes Bank Rewards Plus Credit Card, I will review the full features and benefits of Yes Bank Edge Credit Card in this post. This credit card lets you earn upto 6 reward points per Rs. 100 spent and also bonus points after completing the milestone.
I have also reviewed credit cards from Yes Bank;
Now let’s explore the features and benefits of Yes Bank Edge Credit Card.
Joining Fee: Rs. 1,000 (Reversed on spends of Rs. 15,000 within 90 days)
Renewal/Annual Fee: Rs. 1,000 (Waived on spends of 75,000 within 12 months)
As you can see, the joining fee and the annual fee is only Rs. 1,000 even which can be waived off completely by the spending of Rs. 15,000/75,000 respectively. You should apply for this card as the reward rate is pretty good and the charges can also be reversed.
Eligibility for Yes Bank Prosperity Edge Card:
The eligibility criteria for the card is also same as most of the banks follow;
- Age Criteria: Minimum 21 years to 60 years Maximum
- Applicant should be either salaried or self-employed
- Minimum Salary and Income: Rs. 8 Lakhs
NOTE: The Yes Bank Prosperity Edge Credit Card cannot be issued against fixed deposits where as Yes Rewards Plus can easily be issued against FD’s.
Rewards Value & Benefits:
- Welcome Gift of 1500 Reward Points on total spends of Rs 7500 within 30 days (Can easily be achieved)
- Earn 15,000 reward points on an annual spend of Rs. 6 Lakhs in one anniversary year
- 3 Reward Points on every Rs. 100 on all other retail spends
- 4 Reward Points on every Rs. 100 on Online transactions and Dining
- 5 Reward Points on every Rs. 100 spent on International transactions
- 6 Reward Points on every Rs. 100 retail spends done on your Birthday
- 500 Reward Points on each YES PayNow registration
As you can see that the reward points are very similar to Yes Bank Rewards Plus Credit Card and also have been categorised into different segments. You have an option to earn reward points ranging from 3 to 6 per Rs. 100 spent. By spending on Rs. 7,500 within the first 30 days of the credit card setup, you will earn 1,500 reward points as a welcome gift. Yes Bank Edge Credit Card also allows you to earn reward points on the international purchases as well and the rate is 5 RP per Rs. 100 spent.
Once you complete and cross your spends of Rs. 6 lakhs in a year, you will get a bonus of 15,000 Reward Points along with the regular points rate on your Yes Bank Prosperity Edge Credit Card. You can avail the benefit of additional 500 reward points by simply registering on Yes PayNow, which allows you to pay your utility bills viz. Mobile, Telephone, Electricity, Insurance, Gas, etc. on time every month.
If you are looking for a credit card specially for utility bills, mobile recharges or fuels cashback, Read the review of Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card.
Reward Points Redemption Against JP Miles:
You can also redeem the Reward Points of Yes Bank Edge Credit Card against JetPrivilege JP Miles. That can be a good option for the regular flyer, who can use the points to redeem the flight tickets for free. Jet Airways has partnered with many banks to launch co-branded credit cards, which gives frequent flyer the best of the benefits to their customers. The reward rate against redemption of JP Mile are (4 Reward Points = 1 JP Mile), which is very similar when you redeem the points for mobile recharges, movie tickets, vouchers, etc. (that gives the value of ~0.25) 4 Reward Points = Rs. 1.
Insurance Coverage & Fuel Surcharge Waiver:
The premium covered under this card is:
- Rs. 50 Lakhs Air accidental cover in case of death due to fight accidents
- Rs 15 Lakhs cover on medical emergencies while travelling overseas
- Rs 2.5 Lakhs Credit Shield cover on accidental death of Primary Cardmember
There are many Credit & Debit Cards from different banks who do provide more than 10 lakhs of complimentary insurance coverage to the primary card holders. The only terms and conditions for the eligibility are to swipe the card at merchant locations at least once in every 90 days.
When comes to fuel surcharge, it is advised to use the credit card specially designed for fuel surcharge waiver, bills payments cashback and Mobile Recharges. However, Yes Bank Prosperity Edge Credit Card also helps you save surcharge on the fuels but the transaction should be in the range of Rs. 400 to Rs. 5000 and the maximum amount you can save per month is capped at Rs 125.
MasterCard World Golf Program:
- Enjoy Waiver of Green Fee at select golf courses in India
- Enjoy one complimentary Golf lesson every calendar month
- For bookings, please contact MasterCard Golf Concierge on 1800 102 6263
Airport Lounge Access:
- Enjoy 2 complimentary access per quarter to select airport lounges across Indian Airports for Primary Cardmember
Features & Benefits of Yes Bank Edge Credit Card:
- CardBaba.in Rating: 4.5/5
- Complimentary Lounge Access: Yes (2 visits/quarter)
- Reward Points: RP – 3 to 6/ Rs. 100 spent
- Welcome Reward Points: 1500 RP on spending Rs. 7500 within 30 days
- Foreign Exchange Markup: 3%
- Fuel Surcharge Waiver: Yes (between Rs. 400-5000) maximum of Rs. 125/month
- Joining Fee: Rs. 1000 (Reversed on spends of Rs. 15,000 within 90 days)
- Renewal/Annual Fee: Rs. 1000 (Waived on spends of 75,000 within 12 months)
- JP Miles Redemption: 4 Reward Points = 1 JP Mile
- Insurance Coverage: Yes
Do let me your take on Yes Bank Prosperity Edge Credit Card in the comment section below.